If you are or were an Illinois resident who used Lenses or Filters offered by Snap between November 17, 2015 and the present, You May Be Entitled to a Payment from a Class Action Settlement.
A court authorized the Notice. You are not being sued. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
Final Approval Hearing
- Plaintiffs filed a class action complaint alleging that Snap Inc. (the “Defendant”) violated Illinois’ Biometric Information Privacy Act, 740 ILCS 14/1, et seq. (“BIPA”), based on Defendant allegedly collecting and storing biometric identifiers and/or biometric information (collectively, “biometric data”) through the use of the “Lenses” and “Filters” features offered by Snap without complying with BIPA’s requirements.
- A Settlement has been reached in this case and affects the following persons:
All Illinois residents who used Lenses or Filters offered by Snap between November 17, 2015 and the present (the “Class Period”).
- The Settlement, if approved, would provide $35,000,000 to pay all Settlement Payments to Settlement Class Members, the Service Award to the Class Representatives, the Fee Award, payment of Administrative Expenses, any federal, state, and/or local taxes of any kind (including any interest or penalties thereon) and any and all other fees, costs or expenses.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don't act. Read the notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
|If you are a member of the Settlement Class, you must submit a completed Claim Form to receive a payment. If the Court approves the Settlement and it becomes final and effective, and you remain in the Settlement Class, you will receive a payment.
Deadline: NOVEMBER 5, 2022
|You may request to be excluded from the Settlement and, if you do, you will receive no benefits from the Settlement.
Deadline: OCTOBER 6, 2022
|Write to the Court if you do not like the Settlement.
Deadline: OCTOBER 6, 2022
|GO TO A HEARING
|Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.
|You will not receive a payment if you fail to timely submit a completed Claim Form, and you will give up your right to bring your own lawsuit against Defendant about the Claims in this case.
- These rights and options - and the deadlines to exercise them - are explained in the Notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. If it does, and after any appeals are resolved, benefits will be distributed to those who submit qualifying Claim Forms. Please be patient.